Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Mostly Wordless Wednesday

Mao took his revenge on me this afternoon.  Tomorrow perhaps I'll share that story in graphic detail.  For now we'll get on with what you've all come here to see: 10 photos, 2 videos - WORDLESS WEDNESDAY. (click photos to see them full size)













Ok, maybe just a few words of thanks to Wai Po and Yi Po (Grandma and Auntie).  First, they are pronounced: Why Poh and Ee Poh (I realize I should include some phonetic pronunciations for the Mandarin).  Grandma (Wendy's Mom - Mrs. Yang or Ma) and Aunt Connie (Wendy's Mom's Sister).  I cannot begin to tell you how much I appreciate them being with us.  They are making Sophia's transition to our family so much better for her, and us. 

Being able to speak to Sophia in her own language is, of course, important.  However, there is much more to communication than words (as the first part of today's blog entry will hopefully attest).  The patience, love and kindness they have shown Sophia and Sophia's new parents can never be repaid.  Hopefully one day we'll have a chance to pay it forward instead.

I am too new at parenting to know if it's true that it takes a village to raise a child.  I can say for sure that it's better with a family.  

No comments:

Post a Comment